Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Homemade & Healthy Alfredo Sauce

Anyone else obsessed with Alfredo Sauce?! I mean seriously, I could eat chicken Alfredo pasta for every meal my friends! So when I whipped up this homemade AND not to mention, HEALTHY Alfredo sauce.. I was in heaven!! So I knew it was a must share!!

Also, I'm sure you all know now that cauliflower is the new wave and you can literally make your most favorite and unhealthy meals out of cauliflower, LOL!! We have made SOOO many things out of cauliflower, that I knew there had to be a way to make Alfredo sauce with cauliflower!  To my surprise, it was a successful meal, and super simple, which is my favorite kind of meal by the way! :)

Below is chicken, bacon, mushroom, and broccoli Alfredo with no pasta ;) and a side of quinoa with brown rice!

Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce

Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes


Ingredients


  • 1 cauliflower head
  • 1/2 cup hot cooking water
  • 1/2 chicken bullion cube
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)

Instruction
Clean the cauliflower head from green leaves, and chop it into reasonably large but manageable pieces. Place it in the big sauce pan with water, bring to boil, and boil for 30-40 minutes until cauliflower is really soft. Remove from heat and drain cauliflower from water. Dissolve 1/2 of a chicken bullion cube in 1/2 cup of very hot cooking water.  In a food processor or blender, combine drained cauliflower and chicken bullion, with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and Healthy Alfredo Saucestir really well, until a very creamy sauce is formed.  Transfer sauce into a large sauce pan and keep it warm on the stove top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.












No comments:

Post a Comment