Thursday, January 28, 2016

Taco Night with Homemade Taco Seasoning

Who else loves a good taco night like me?  I mean really I could have tacos every freaken day of the week, it's ridiculous! LOL

Who else uses those high sodium taco seasoning packs?!  Just me?  I doubt it but I know they are super convenient!  But oh my gosh those suckers are filled with so much sodium & yes even the "low sodium" packs STILL have a lot of sodium in them!

I finally said ENOUGH is ENOUGH & I made my own taco seasoning!  :Emoji Shock Face: I had been saying it for weeks, shot even months that I was going to give it a try but always seem to convince myself that the seasoning packs from the store were more convenient.  But their really not!  It took me no time to mix my seasonings together & believe it or not guys, it tasted SOOO much better then the store bought packs! NO LIE! And I know exactly what's going into it!

 If you guys love a good but healthy taco night like my family & I do or even if you eat tacos once a week, your body could benefit from trying your very own homemade taco seasoning!  You don't need a lot of seasonings either & I actually had a lot of the seasonings already in my Lazy Susan!

So here's what I used: black pepper, kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, & chili powder!  You can also throw in some red pepper flakes for an added spice!  I added about a tablespoon of the ground cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt, & black pepper, then I did 1/2 cup of chili powder & 1/4 cup of onion powder.  But you can really add as much or less as you see fit by doing the taste test! :) Another good idea is making enough for more then one meal & putting it in a jar so you have quick & easy access to it, especially if you make tacos as much as we do HAHA!  So if you're looking to have a taco night soon you should definitely give this homemade taco seasoning a try, you'll never go back to the old thing!!

In my very lean ground beef I also added tomatoes, onions, & beans!  I love getting fancy with my taco meat, LOL!  If you guys give it a try, I would love to know how your meals turn out!! Share Below! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment